Home / GORE® SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement /
Consider our legacy.
GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement is a synthetic, bioabsorbable staple line reinforcement material specifically engineered to reduce the incidence of perioperative leaks and bleeding in a variety of open and minimally invasive surgeries.
Constructed from Polyglycolic acid:Trimethylene carbonate (PGA:TMC), a medically proven biocompatible copolymer, GORE® SEAMGUARD® Line Reinforcement is composed of a matrix of open, highly interconnected pores facilitating cell infiltration, tissue generation, and healing.
The proven legacy of GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement includes:
- Nearly 2,000,000 devices implanted
- More than 10 years of proven experience
- More than 50 clinical papers documenting its successful use in bariatric, colorectal, thoracic, and other procedures*
Introduction of Staple Line Reinforcement
- Proven Material. More than 15 years of bioabsorbable technology research and use. Learn more
- Most Clinical Data. More than 50 clinical papers with an established, predictable history. Learn more
- Economic Leader. By reducing post-op leaks and bleeding, GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement may contribute to shorter hospital stays, decreased costs, and lower morbidity rates.* Learn more