GORE® BIO-A® Hernia Plug is a proven synthetic, bioabsorbable device that promotes tissue response and reduces complications associated with permanent implants in soft tissue repair.
Surgeons count on the GORE® BIO-A® Hernia Plug to deliver a host of advantages that include:
- Innovative Design: Made from a non-woven web of polyglycolic acid:trimethylene carbonate (PGA:TMC) fibers that form a 3D matrix of open, highly interconnected pores
- Full Absorption: This product absorbs fully and heals naturally with the material replaced by tissue at 1:1 ratio1
- Tissue Generation: Tubes fill the defect, enabling tissue generation for long-term reinforcement with no permanent material left behind
- Easy Introduction: Customizable and trimmed to surgeon's preferred technique
The plug is a bioabsorbable scaffold that is intended for use in the reinforcement of soft tissue procedures like umbilical hernia repair, inguinal hernia repair, and trocar port site closures. We offer this product in a single configuration designed to reinforce most defects.
Contraindication: This product is contraindicated for the reconstruction of cardiovascular, orthopedic, and passive biological membrane (i.e., dura mater, pericardium, and peritoneum) defects.
- Morales-Conde S, Flores M, Fernández V, Morales-Méndez S. Bioabsorbable
vs polypropylene plug for the "Mesh and Plug" inguinal hernia repair. Poster
presented at the 9th Annual Meeting of the American Hernia
Society; February 9-12, 2005; San Diego, CA.