GORE® Hybrid Vascular Graft is a vascular prosthesis that provides a streamlined solution for challenging dialysis access, aortic debranching, and arterial bypass procedures.
GORE® Hybrid Vascular Graft offers surgeons an efficient solution through:
- Endoluminal Anastomosis: A polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) construction with a nitinol-reinforced section for easy deployment and expanded treatment options
- Proven Thromboresistant Surface: CBAS Heparin Surface offers lasting thromboresistance 1, 2
Compared to conventional end-to-end anastomosis, the GORE® Hybrid Vascular Graft provides a sutureless endoluminal anastomosis.3 Designed to reduce intimal hyperplasia4 and improve outflow hemodynamics, the blood flow is in line with the host vessel. The nitinol-reinforced section effectively shields the vessel lumen area most susceptible for injury and failure. We also include low permeability film on this vascular graft to provide a barrier to ultrafiltration.
- Begovac, P. C., Thomson, R. C., Fisher, J. L., Hughson, A. & Gallhagen, A. Improvements in GORE TEX vascular graft performance by Carmeda BioActive surface heparin immobilization. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery : the official journal of the European Society for Vascular Surgery 25, 432-437 (2003).
- Lindholt JS, Gottschalksen B, Johannesen N, Dueholm D, Ravn H, Christensen ED, Viddal B, Flørenes T, Pedersen G, Rasmussen M, Carstensen M, Grøndal N, Fasting H. The Scandinavian Propaten® trial - 1-year patency of PTFE vascular prostheses with heparin-bonded luminal surfaces compared to ordinary pure PTFE vascular prostheses - a randomised clinical controlled multi-centre trial. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011 May;41(5):668-73.
- Two stay sutures located through the nitinol-reinforced section and the vessel wall are required per IFU.
- Data on file.