Intervention in popliteal artery above knee in high-flexion area exposed to complex movements.
- 73-year-old male with > 8 cm left leg distal superficial femoral artery (SFA) and proximal popliteal artery occlusion
- Relevant history:
- Moderate claudication, walking distance of 300 meters
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) left: 0.75
- Angio: Popliteal artery above knee occlusion. Patent distal popliteal artery with three crural vessel runoff
- Successful recanalization of superficial femoral and popliteal CTO
- “The GORE® TIGRIS® Vascular Stent is very resistant to kinking and fracture…an excellent option for PTA treatment in movement segments.” — Reinhold Tischler, MD
Tischler R. Management of Popliteal Occlusion. Flagstaff, AZ: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; 2015. [Case Study]. AT0322-EN1.