A strong yet flexible endoprosthesis that provides a durable barrier to tissue ingrowth in the treatment of malignant biliary strictures.
GORE® VIABIL® Biliary Endoprosthesis gives physicians a dependable solution via:
- Smart Design: A nonporous biocompatible liner provides a strong, durable end-to-end barrier to tissue ingrowth; self-anchoring device reduces risk of migration
- Conformable Strength: Flexible nitinol stent conforms to patient anatomy with preferred balance of high radial strength to minimize risk of complications1
- Safe Deployment: Push-rod sheath assembly, radioactive markers, and a non-foreshortening design enables precise positioning
- Reduced Complications: Optional drainage holes on some sizes prevents blocking of branch ducts
The GORE® VIABIL® Biliary Endoprosthesis offers an improved alternative for the treatment of biliary malignancy. Unlike other stenting options, our design features a nonporous, polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) / fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) liner with atraumatic self-anchoring fins. Clinical data demonstrates this provides a strong, durable barrier to tissue ingrowth while sustaining long-term patency.
Contraindication: This device is contraindicated for all cardiovascular applications.
- Isayama et. al. Measurement of radial and axial forces of biliary self-expandable metallic stents. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2009;70(1):37-44.