Tri-layer hybrid solution
GORE® SYNECOR Intraperitoneal Biomaterial offers a tri-layer hybrid solution that is strong for the life of the repair and is designed to support a single, effective repair in complex patients (VHWG 2).1 It is intended for use in the repair of ventral / incisional hernias that may require the addition of a non-absorbable reinforcing or bridging material.
Durable strength of the material helps to support robust healing that may lower the risk of recurrence versus lightweight and mid-weight meshes, which may have inadequate strength in complex patients (VHWG 2).2-4
The product may help to improve surgical outcomes for patients and providers by reducing the risk of post-operative infection and may reduce bacterial adhesion,5 facilitating rapid vascularization. (Data on file 2015; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.; Flagstaff, AZ.)
Ease of use
Designed for ease of use during minimally invasive (laparoscopic, robotic) and open surgical procedures. The material is flexible and conformable and has memory for easy unrolling, handling and optimal placement.
- Ventral Hernia Working Group, Breuing K, Butler CE, et al. Incisional ventral hernias: review of the literature and recommendations regarding the grading and technique of repair. Surgery 2010;148(3):544-558.
- Petro CC, Nahabet EH, Criss CN, et al. Central failures of lightweight monofilament polyester mesh causing hernia recurrence: a cautionary note. Hernia 2015;19(1):155-159.
- Cobb WS, Warren JA, Ewing JA, Burnikel A, Merchant M, Carbonell AM. Open retromuscular mesh repair of complex incisional hernia: predictors of wound events and recurrence. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2015;220(4):606-613.
- Warren JA, McGrath SP, Hale AL, Ewing JA, Carbonell AM 2nd, Cobb WS 4th. Patterns of recurrence and mechanisms of failure after open ventral hernia repair with mesh. American Surgeon 2017;83(11):1275-1282.
- Clinger L. PTFE Knit Microbial Placement. Flagstaff, AZ; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; 2018. [Work plan]. WP110158.