GORE® SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement
This milestone is about you
Thank you to all who helped GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement achieve an unrivaled legacy of clinical performance,* impacting millions of patients† over 20 years.‡
Millions of patients impacted†
Reduce overall postoperative complication costs
Provides reliable protection from surgical complications associated with leaks and bleeding, along with reduced reoperations and readmissions.1-6
Unrivaled legacy of clinical performance*
* After 20 years,‡ over 5 million devices implanted† and more than 85 published and peer-reviewed clinical studies,†,1 GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement has demonstrated an unrivaled legacy of clinical performance, providing reliable protection from surgical complications associated with leaks2 and bleeding.3,4
† Data on file 2022; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; Flagstaff, AZ.
‡ First commercial marketing authorization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration in April 2003.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. Clinical Performance with Staple Line Reinforcement. Scientific Literature Analysis (n = 8142 patients). Flagstaff, AZ: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; 2021. [Literature summary]. 2161018-EN.
- Gagner M, Kemmeter P. Comparison of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy leak rates in five staple-line reinforcement options: a systematic review. Surgical Endoscopy 2020;34(1):396-407. https://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00464-019-06782-2
- Miller KA, Pump A. Use of bioabsorbable staple reinforcement material in gastric bypass: a prospective randomized clinical trial. Surgery for Obesity & Related Diseases 2007;3(4):417-422.
- Nguyen NT. Longoria M, Welbourne S, Sabio A, Wilson SE. Glycolide copolymer staple-line reinforcement reduces staple site bleeding during laparoscopic gastric bypass. A prospective randomized trial. Archives of Surgery 2005;140(8):773-778
- Zambelli-Weiner A, Brooks E, Brolin R, Bour ES. Total charges for postoperative leak following laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Presented at Obesity Week 2013: The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the Obesity Society Joint Annual Scientific Meeting; November 11-16, 2013; Atlanta, GA. A-305-P.
- Gayrel X, Loureiro M, Skalli EM, Dutot C, Mercier G, Nocca D. Clinical and economic evaluation of absorbable staple line buttressing in sleeve gastrectomy in high-risk patients. Obesity Surgery 2016;26(8):1710-1716.
Refer to Instructions for Use at eifu.goremedical.com for a complete description of all applicable indications, warnings, precautions and contraindications for the markets where this product is available. RXOnly