Gore Grants Program
Education and research support for quality outcomes
W. L. Gore & Associates, recognizing the importance of grants to improved patient care and the advancement of medical technology and treatment, has established a grants program to support valuable educational and research grants.
The Gore grants program may support the following types of grant requests:
- Third-Party Educational Programs – To support objective, independent training programs and activities that promote scientific knowledge, medical advancement and the delivery of effective healthcare related to disease states, conditions and/or treatments that are relevant to approved indications of Gore Medical Products. Program organizers typically include CME providers, professional societies, teaching hospitals, academic centers or other healthcare facilities.
- Fellowship or Residency Programs – To support the genuine medical education of health care professionals in training who are participating in a program with an academic or charitable affiliation with a well-established curriculum and defined goals and objectives. The requesting institution or society is responsible for selecting the beneficiaries of the grant. Gore does not support multi-year requests, all requestors must apply annually.
- Charitable Contributions and Donations – Monetary or in-kind support for charitable purposes, such as medical care for underserved patients or patient or public education to organizations or other non-profit entities with bona fide charitable and/or philanthropic purposes.
- Research Grants – Monetary or in-kind Support of bona fide, independent medical research with scientific and clinical legitimacy, well-defined goals, objectives and milestones.
The most common types of support available through the Gore Grants Program are the provision of funding and products. In rare cases, upon request, equipment or other in-kind services may be provided.
Grant Requests must align with one of the therapeutic areas in which Gore is interested and/or involved:
- Cardiac – Treatment and management of structural and congenital heart disease, including cardiac reconstruction / repair and septal defect occlusion.
- General Medical – Treatment and management of hernias, biliary disease, foregut disease, bariatric surgery, general surgery, as well as plastic and reconstructive surgery needs.
- Vascular – Treatment and management of aortic, peripheral artery (PAD), venous, and/or A/V access (dialysis access) disease.
Click here for more information on how to submit to the Gore Grants Program or Contact the Gore Grants Program Coordinator; Grants_Program@wlgore.com, +1 928-864-3842
Contact Information for requests not related to the Gore Grants Program