GORE® DUALMESH® PLUS Biomaterial is the first dual-surface biomaterial designed to control potential material contamination in hernia repair procedures.
Surgeons count on GORE® DUALMESH® PLUS Biomaterial to deliver a variety of advantages, including:
- Dual-Surface Material: A textured CORDUROY® Surface encourages host tissue incorporation, while the other surface is smooth to minimize tissue attachment1
- Versatile Application: Conformable polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) material can be trimmed to match the defect making it suitable for a wide range of applications
- Antimicrobial Protection: Two antimicrobial preservative agents inhibit microbial colonization and resist initial biofilm formation
- Optional Macropores: Also available as GORE® DUALMESH® PLUS Biomaterial with Holes for applications that would benefit from increased tissue activity with minimal foreign body response
This biomaterial includes all the features of GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial with the addition of two antimicrobial preservative agents (silver carbonate and chlorhexidine diacetate). These agents inhibit microbial colonization and resist initial biofilm formation on the device for up to 14 days post-implantation. Using zone inhibition bioassays, our device has been demonstrated against laboratory strains and clinical isolates of the following organisms:
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE)
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Candida albicans
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Group A Streptococcus
- Acinetobacter baumannii
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a patient with an ePTFE patch safely undergo radiation therapy?
- Has the GORE® DUALMESH® PLUS Biomaterial been known to cause allergic reactions?