Lindholt et al. 20111
Vascular Research Unit, Department of Vascular Surgery, Viborg Hospital, Denmark
Primary patency of GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft
|Critical limb ischemia (CLI)||100||36%|
- Prospective, randomized, multi-center (11 centers) study comparing GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft versus standard ePTFE
- Fem-pop (majority above-knee) and fem-fem bypasses
- Statistically significant improvement in primary and secondary patency with GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft versus standard ePTFE for all bypasses
- In fem-pop patients with CLI, GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft primary patency was 80% while standard ePTFE patency was 58% (p < 0.05)
We have seen that the GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft keeps its promise as shown in previously conducted prospective and retrospective studies. – J. Lindholt
*GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft group, N = 272,* which includes 160 patients with fem-fem bypass.
1. Lindholt JS, Gottschalksen B, Johannesen N, et al. The Scandinavian Propaten® trial - 1-year patency of PTFE vascular prostheses with heparin-bonded luminal surfaces compared to ordinary pure PTFE vascular prostheses - a randomised clinical controlled multi-centre trial. European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 2011;41(5):668-673.