The GORE-TEX® Suture is a microporous, monofilament suture of flexible biomaterial for excellent handling, reduced hole-leakage and minimal irritation in soft tissue approximation.
Physicians depend on GORE-TEX® Sutures for numerous practical features and benefits:
- Smart design: High-visibility, monofilament suture features polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) biomaterial with microstructure, combined with strong and ductile 300 series stainless steel alloy needles (tapered or piercing).
- Blood loss: Needles approximate thread diameter, allowing suture to fill needle hole, reducing bleeding and time to hemostasis.
- Precise control: Minimal surface friction allows individual throws to slide easily for precise knot positioning.
- Ease of use: Soft, flexible and compressible sutures that are simple to identify, open and arm without snagging or knotting of the thread.
Compared to other monofilament sutures, the soft, flexible surface of the GORE-TEX® Suture results in softer knots when placed in subcutaneous tissue. This makes our suture suitable for procedures that include but are not limited to:
- Anastomosis of vascular grafts for vascular access
- Anastomosis of vascular grafts for peripheral vascular disease
- Anastomosis of aortobifemoral vascular grafts
- Chordae tendineae repair and replacement in mitral valve repair
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair
- Open inguinal hernia repair
- Robotic surgery