GORE® SYNECOR Biomaterial
For patients, it’s not “just a hernia”
GORE® SYNECOR Biomaterials are innovative solutions for advanced reconstruction in the repair of hernias and abdominal wall soft tissue deficiencies that may require the addition of a non-absorbable reinforcing or bridging material. These are intended for single-stage repairs including device options designed for intraperitoneal or preperitoneal placement. The devices are appropriate for use in open, laparoscopic or robotic procedures.
Many hernia/abdominal wall reconstruction patients present with comorbidities that may impact successful outcomes/effective wound healing. These dynamics demand a hernia mesh material that is stronger*,1 and reliably lasting, to increase patient quality of life and avoid time-consuming, costly complications.
With device configurations for both intraperitoneal and preperitoneal placement, GORE® SYNECOR Biomaterial offers the true hybrid tri-layer solution, with permanent strength and rapid tissue ingrowth that is designed to minimize complications through these key outcomes:
- Facilitates wound healing: Tissue-building scaffold helps promote rapid vascularity and ingrowth. Demonstrated vascularity reported within seven days and tissue ingrowth within 30 days*.
- Supports rapid vascularization*: A macroporous knit of inert, dense, monofilament PTFE fibers embedded between bioabsorbable GORE 3D PGA:TMC** Web Scaffold layers. The unique GORE 3D PGA:TMC Web Scaffold layers (preperitoneal and intraperitoneal) deliver rapid* tissue ingrowth and vascularization, while the nonporous film minimizes visceral attachment to the material (intraperitoneal device only).
- Minimizes need for removal: The PTFE fiber design, along with increased vascularity, may aid in the treatability of the device to minimize the need for removal if postoperative infection were to occur.*,2
- Enables single-stage repair*: Unique combination of proven technologies (see product diagrams) promotes quality tissue generation and lasting strength for challenging repairs.
NOW you can choose just the right size to save OR time and costs
A strategic range of sizes gives surgeons more choices to get the right fit for their patients
Learn why patients need more… more strength, more reliability and more size options.
Learn how surgeons can give patients more with GORE® SYNECOR Biomaterial. >
Gore core technology: Materially better by design
Today’s high-risk patients need more.
Give them more with GORE® SYNECOR Biomaterial.
* Data on file 2015; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; Flagstaff, AZ.
**Polyglycolic acid/trimethylene carbonate
1. ASTM D3787-16, Standard Test Method for Bursting Strength of Textiles—Constant-Rate-of-Traverse (CRT) Ball Burst Test, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2016, www.astm.org.
2. Holt DJ, Grainger DW. Host response to biomaterials. In: Hollinger JO, ed. An Introduction to Biomaterials. 2nd ed. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2012;6:91-118.