GORE® SYNECOR Intraperitoneal Biomaterial
GORE® SYNECOR Intraperitoneal Biomaterial is used when there is a need for permanent strength in intraperitoneal bridging applications for high risk ventral hernia patients.
GORE® SYNECOR Intraperitoneal Biomaterial combines long-term strength with rapid tissue ingrowth and vascularization providing a single-stage durable repair in high risk cases.
- GORE® BIO-A® Tissue Reinforcement web scaffold facilitates cell infiltration and tissue generation.
- Macroporous knit of dense, monofilament PTFE fibers may reduce the risk of harboring bacteria due to the solid fiber.
- Nonporous polyglycolic acid/trimethylene carbonate (PGA/TMC) film minimizes visceral attachment to the material.
GORE® SYNECOR Intraperitoneal Biomaterial is intended for use in the repair of hernias and abdominal wall or thoracic wall soft tissue deficiencies that may require the addition of non-absorbable reinforcing or bridging material. The material is appropriate for use in open, laparoscopic or robotic procedures.
- Can a patient with an implanted device made from PTFE and PGA/TMC copolymer safely undergo radiation and/or chemotherapy?
- How will a device made from PTFE and PGA/TMC show up on CT, MRI or X-rays?