Introducing Pandemic and Practice: A Gore Webinar Series for Medical Professionals
This webinar series on lessons learned by medical professionals amid the pandemic is moderated by Darren Schneider, M.D., of New York-Presbyterian.
Considerations in Resuming Cardiovascular Procedures
April 29 at 3 p.m. PST / 6 p.m. EST
Physicians discuss the logistical variables and softer considerations they are evaluating when determining when and how to open back up to elective procedures.
- Ellen Dillavou, M.D., Durham, North Carolina
- Gustavo Oderich, M.D., Rochester, Minnesota
- Athar Qureshi, M.D., Houston, Texas
Soft Skills Considerations for Hard Conversations with Cardiovascular Patients
May 6 at 3 p.m. PST / 6 p.m. EST
Cardiovascular physicians weigh in on how COVID-19 has changed patient concerns and conversations, and how they are adapting their softer skillsets to manage patient expectations and anxieties.
- Gareth Morgan, M.D., Denver, Colorado
- Prabir Roy-Chaudhury, M.D., Ph.D., Durham, North Carolina
- George Adams, M.D., Raleigh, North Carolina
Supporting Physician Wellness in Support of Patient Outcomes
May 13 at 8 a.m. PST / 11 a.m. EST
Physician advocates from diverse specialties discuss physician peer support and wellness’s role in patient safety and outcomes, practice stability and physician resilience, and how COVID-19 impacted their wellness priorities and approaches.
- Albert Wu, M.D., Baltimore, Maryland
- Nimesh Desai, M.D., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- George Everly, Ph.D., Baltimore, Maryland
- William Cobb, M.D., FACS, Greenville, South Carolina
Four Pandemic Pivots Medical Professionals May Want to Keep
May 21 at 7 a.m. PST / 10 a.m. EST / 4 p.m. EU / 10 p.m. China
Physicians from around the world share department, device, patient and personal pivots they made recently that they think worth carrying forward post-pandemic.
- Prof. Santi Trimarchi, Milano, Italy
- Prof. Vicente Riambau, Barcelona, Spain
- Weiwei Wu, M.D., Beijing, China
- Erik B. Wilson, M.D., FACS, Houston, Texas
No device training or promotion topics will be presented.