Refined value in vascular outcomes
Continued innovation leads to enhanced value with the GORE® TAG® Conformable Thoracic Stent Graft with ACTIVE CONTROL System. Reducing the number of devices used per case can lead to overall cost savings. Use of the GORE® TAG® Conformable Thoracic Stent Graft with ACTIVE CONTROL System has shown to reduce devices per case by 8–23 percent.1
|Device||Average devices per case||Device per case impact|
|GORE® TAG® Conformable Thoracic Stent Graft with ACTIVE CONTROL System2||1.38||8% - 23% reduction|
|Conformable GORE® TAG® Thoracic Endoprosthesis†||1.6||-|
|Competitor B4||1.5||6% reduction|
Data shown represents information publicly available by disease state.
Fewer devices per case as well as significantly less total number of SKUs can result in cost savings for treating a broad range of patients.
See why oversizing matters: Potentially stock fewer devices yet treat a broad range of patients.
BOLTON and RELAY are trademarks of Bolton Medical, a subsidiary of the WerfenLife Company. COOK, ALPHA, TX2 and ZENITH are trademarks of Cook Medical, Inc. MEDTRONIC and VALIANT are trademarks of Medtronic, Inc.
A Handbook for Health Care Professionals
Read perspectives from value analysis professionals who share their thoughts regarding the importance of effective collaboration, paradigm shifts with determining value, and the critical focus on the future of healthcare.
* Assumes rounding of measured vessel diameter (mm) to nearest whole number within IFU sizing range for aneurysm.
† Global Registry for Endovascular Aortic Treatment (GREAT) is a prospective, observational, multicenter registry to actively track Gore commercial aortic endovascular device performance and associated patient outcomes in global markets with 10 years of follow-up.Results as of June 2017.
- W. L. Gore & Associates. Observational Registry Characterizing the Performance and Feature Use of the GORE. TAG. Conformable Thoracic Stent Graft Featuring ACTIVE CONTROL System. Bethesda, MD: National Library of Medicine; 2010. Available from: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03286400. NLM Identifier: NCT03286400. Published September 18, 2017. Updated January 7, 2019. Accessed May 13, 2019.
- U.S.Food and Drug Administration.Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data MEDTRONIC VALIANT Thoracic Stent Graft with the CAPTIVIA® Delivery System. October 26, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2019 from https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/P100040S012c.pdf.
- Medtronic Valiant® Thoracic Stent Graft with the Captivia® Delivery System [Instructions for Use]. Santa Rosa, CA: Medtronic Vascular, Inc; 2013. UC201401171 EN 7/13.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Center for Devices and Radiological Health. Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data (SSED). Valiant Navion™ Thoracic Stent Graft System. P100040/S036. Published October 19, 2018. Accessed June 18, 2020. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/P100040S036B.pdf