- Gore S, Andersson J, Biran R, Underwood C, Riesenfeld J. Heparin surfaces: impact of immobilization chemistry on hemocompatibility and protein adsorption. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials 2014;102(8):1817-1824.
- Begovac PC, Thomson RC, Fisher JL, Hughson A, Gällhagen A. Improvements in GORE-TEX® Vascular Graft performance by Carmeda® BioActive Surface heparin immobilization. European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 2003;25(5):432-437.
- Freeman J, Chen A, Weinberg RJ, Okada T, Chen C, Lin PH. Sustained thromboresistant bioactivity with reduced intimal hyperplasia of heparin-bonded PTFE Propaten Graft in a chronic canine femoral artery bypass model. Annals of Vascular Surgery 2018;49:295-303.
- Biran R, Pond D. Heparin coatings for improving blood compatibility of medical devices. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2017;112:12-23.
- Carmeda AB. Carmeda® BioActive Surface (also known as CBAS® Heparin Surface) Reference List. Upplands Väsby, Sweden: Carmeda AB; 2019. [Reference list]
Featured Gore products with CBAS Heparin Surface
50% reduction in the risk of graft occlusion compared to standard ePTFE in Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI) patients 1
1. Lindholt JS, Gottschalksen B, Johannesen N, et al. The Scandinavian Propaten® Trial – 1-year patency of PTFE vascular prostheses with heparin-bonded luminal surfaces compared to ordinary pure PTFE vascular prostheses – a randomised clinical controlled multi-centre trial. European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 2011;41(5):668-673.
Designed to expand to every demand, GORE® VIABAHN® VBX Balloon Expandable Endoprosthesis offers proven procedural success and long-term outcomes through flexibility, strength, and accuracy to treat iliac occlusive disease.
An Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) Clinical Study of the GORE® VIABAHN® Endoprosthesis with Heparin Bioactive Surface** in Japan demonstrated:
- 88% 12-month primary patency in long, complex SFA lesions (n = 103)1
- 21.8 cm average lesion length
- 65.7% chronic total occlusions (CTOs)
- 84.5% TASC II C&D lesions
** Heparin Bioactive Surface is synonymous with the CBAS Heparin Surface.
1. GORE® VIABAHN® Endoprosthesis Japan IDE Clinical Study demonstrated 12-month primary patency of 92% as defined by evidence of flow with no Target Lesion Revascularization (TLR). The same study demonstrated 88% 12-month primary patency when defined by PSVR of < 2.5 without a TLR.