GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial
GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial is the first dual-surface material that encourages host tissue ingrowth while minimizing tissue attachment in hernia, soft tissue and fascial reconstruction.
GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial offers surgeons a variety of impressive advantages, including:
- Dual-surface material: A textured CORDUROY® surface encourages host tissue incorporation, while the other surface is smooth to minimize tissue attachment1.
- Versatile application: Conformable polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) material trims to match the defect, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Optional antimicrobial protection: Available with optional antimicrobial technology.
- Optimized compatibility: Fully compatible with GORE-TEX® Sutures for optimized soft tissue approximation.
The biomaterial is designed with two functionally distinct surfaces. One side features a textured CORDUROY® surface to encourage host tissue incorporation, while the other surface is smooth to minimize tissue attachment. This product is conformable and trimmable, making it suitable for a variety of procedures from hernia, soft tissue repair and fascial reconstruction to congenital defects, temporary bridging TRAM flap procedures and chest wall reconstruction.
- Koehler, Rh, Begos D, et al. Minimal adhesions to ePTFE mesh after laparoscopic ventral incisional hernia repair: Reoperative findings in 65 cases. J Soc Lapar Surg 2003; 7(4): 335-34.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a patient with an ePTFE patch safely undergo radiation therapy?
- Has there ever been an allergic reaction to GORE® ePTFE patch products?