GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial is the first dual-surface material that encourages host tissue ingrowth while minimizing tissue attachment in hernia, soft tissue, and fascial reconstruction.
GORE® DUALMESH® Biomaterial offers surgeons a variety of impressive advantages, including:
- Dual-Surface Material: A textured CORDUROY® Surface encourages host tissue incorporation, while the other surface is smooth to minimize tissue attachment1
- Versatile Application: Conformable polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) material trims to match the defect, making it suitable for a wide range of applications
- Optional Antimicrobial Protection: Available with optional antimicrobial technology
- Optimized Compatibility: Fully compatible with GORE-TEX® Sutures for optimized soft tissue approximation
The biomaterial is designed with two functionally distinct surfaces. One side features a textured CORDUROY® Surface to encourage host tissue incorporation, while the other surface is smooth to minimize tissue attachment. This product is conformable and trimmable, making it suitable for a variety of procedures from hernia, soft tissue repair, and fascial reconstruction to congenital defects, temporary bridging TRAM flap procedures and chest wall reconstruction. For applications that would benefit from the inclusion of antimicrobial technology, we also offer GORE® DUALMESH® PLUS Biomaterial.
- Koehler, Rh, Begos D, et al. Minimal adhesions to ePTFE mesh after laparoscopic ventral incisional hernia repair: Reoperative findings in 65 cases. J Soc Lapar Surg 2003; 7(4): 335-34.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a patient with an ePTFE patch safely undergo radiation therapy?
- Has there ever been an allergic reaction to GORE® ePTFE patch products?