Peeters et al., 20081
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Imelda Hospital, Bonheiden, Belgium
Primary patency of GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft
|Coronary artery disease*||42||30%|
- Prospective, multi-center study
- No adjunctive techniques (patches or cuffs) were used in the study
- 73% of patients had been previously treated for peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- The 3-year limb salvage rate for all CLI patients was 86%**
…it is our opinion that the Propaten Vascular Graft [GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft] may succeed in bridging the gap between venous conduits and regular ePTFE grafts. — P. Peeters
* Total N = 138, which includes 97 patients that underwent below-knee bypasses.
** Limb salvage rates are for both above and below-knee bypasses.
† Total N = 153 limbs
1. Peeters P, Verbist J, Deloose K, Bosiers M. Will heparin-bonded PTFE replace autologous venous conduits in infrapopliteal bypass? Italian Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 2008;15(3):143-148.