GORE® VIABIL® Short Wire Biliary Endoprosthesis
The GORE® VIABIL® Short Wire Biliary Endoprosthesis is a fully covered metal stent intended for palliation of malignant strictures in the biliary tree. Unique anti-migration technology aids in reducing the risk of reinterventions.
This self-expanding biliary stent provides the control and ease of use physicians demand and the outcomes they count on to deliver palliative care to their high risk cases, supported through proven results:
- Accurate and secure placement: Non-foreshortening* design for precise placement, and Anchoring Fin Technology for reduced migration.
- Lowest migration rates: 0-1.4% migration rate outperforming BOSTON SCIENTIFIC WALLFLEX Biliary RX Fully Covered Stent migration rates ranging from 0-13%.1
- Optimal radial / axial force balance: The right fit and flexibility help prevent migration and sludge formation.2
- Proven highest patency: Helps provide a high standard of palliative care for your patients. 3,4
* If deployed as instructed, the endoprosthesis will not appreciably foreshorten.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. Migration Summary for GORE® VIABIL® Biliary Endoprosthesis and Boston Scientific WALLFLEX Biliary RX Fully Covered Stent. Flagstaff, AZ: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; 2017. [Literature Summary]. AW0010-EN3.
- Isayama H, Mukai T, Itoi T, et al. Comparison of partially covered nitinol stents with partially covered stainless stents as a historical control in a multicenter study of distal malignant biliary obstruction: the WATCH study. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2012;76(1):84-92.
- Kitano M, Yamashita Y, Tanaka K, et al. Covered self-expandable metal stents with an anti-migration system improve patency duration without increased complications compared with uncovered stents for distal biliary obstruction caused by pancreatic carcinoma: a randomized multicenter trial. American Journal of Gastroenterology 2013;108(11):1713-1722.
- Krokidis M, Fanelli F, Orgera G, et al. Percutaneous palliation of pancreatic head cancer: randomized comparison of ePTFE/FEP-covered versus uncovered nitinol biliary stents. Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology 2011;34(2):352-361.
Only applicable to Gore® VIABIL® delivered endoscopically. Not applicable to VIABIL® devices for percutaneous delivery. Gore's Anti-Migration Assurance Program offered through ConMed.
PDF, 519 KB