The GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft configured for Pediatric Shunt is the graft of choice by surgeons worldwide for palliative pediatric cardiac procedures.
The GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft configured for Pediatric Shunt has established a solid reputation for success through:
- Proven Thromboresistant Surface: CBAS Heparin Surface offers lasting thromboresistance 1, 2
- High Performance: Increased resistance to leakage through the graft wall
- Clinical Experience: More than 10,000 implants worldwide for more than six years
The GORE® PROPATEN® Vascular Graft configured for Pediatric Shunt is designed to aid in the palliation of cyanotic congenital heart defects in pediatric patients. Our graft delivers optimal performance for these challenging patients, including enhanced thromboresistance via our proprietary CBAS Heparin Surface. These shunts all feature a thin-walled configuration, which provides kink resistance, improved handling, and better tissue approximation for use in neonates.
- Begovac, P. C., Thomson, R. C., Fisher, J. L., Hughson, A. & Gallhagen, A. Improvements in GORE TEX vascular graft performance by Carmeda BioActive surface heparin immobilization. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery : the official journal of the European Society for Vascular Surgery 25, 432-437 (2003).
- Lindholt JS, Gottschalksen B, Johannesen N, Dueholm D, Ravn H, Christensen ED, Viddal B, Flørenes T, Pedersen G, Rasmussen M, Carstensen M, Grøndal N, Fasting H. The Scandinavian Propaten® trial - 1-year patency of PTFE vascular prostheses with heparin-bonded luminal surfaces compared to ordinary pure PTFE vascular prostheses - a randomised clinical controlled multi-centre trial. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011 May;41(5):668-73.